>

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Accordian Book in a Box - Decoration

Box, outside

As promised I have now completed decorating the accordian book in a box project. For the lid I punched out two holes and threaded a small piece of 7mm fuschia satin ribbon through the holes and tied it in a bow to act as a lid handle. I embellished the top panels with square red and green flat backed jewels adhered with glossy accents. For the book I printed out a number of angelic pics onto 2ins square vellum pieces using an ink-jet printer. These were trimmed and the concertina panels were decorated with these. My book had 8 panels in all. To compliment the lid each panel was adorned with two square flat backed jewels to compliment the colourway. I think less is more on this one and because of the fussy papers I purposely kept it simple.



Box opened showing concertina


Panel Detail

Panel Detail

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful album Sid. Congrats on another piece of high quality work. Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shell, now I need to do a few more with different themes. My next personal challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow Sid. I love those images. Your work is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Sid... it's so nice to see the completed thing... it is so pretty.
    p.s. I have tagged you... visit my blog for the questions and rules... you can choose to do one set or both :)

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...