>

Friday, April 11, 2008

Altered 'Pringles' Container




Well I have been quiet for a while again. Actually have had little time to craft but now I have finished my first altered 'Pringles' container.

I first prepared the contained by giving it two coats of white gesso, allowing to dry between coats.

I used two rubber stamps, one of a rose and the other of a decorative heart and stamped both onto pink tissue with black and blazing red Stazon ink. Once dry I tore the tissue around the stamped images in a random fashion and then adhered this to the gessoed surface of the container with matt paper Mod Podge. I applied ModPodge to the container first and then adhered the tissue with another layer. Some of the layers overlapped producing a pleasing darker shade of pink from the tissue. Also there is some texture produced by not totally flattening the stamped tissue images to the surface.

Once completely dry another coat of the Mod Podge was applied and allowed to dry. The colour on the top rim was produced by using Rich red Embossing Powder over versamark and then heating with an embossing gun to melt. The top and bottom borders were decorated with self adhesive edging and coated with more Mod Podge - I love using this stuff it is great to get messy with !

I have loads of ideas for using cut down Pringles containers but this one I thought would make a great container for a display of artificial silk flowers.

DETAIL

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...