>

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jeans Black CJ entry 'Black Magic'



As you probably know I am doing a CJ (Circle Journal) with a number of fellow crafters on UK Stampers Forum. This entry was in the 'Black' CJ originated by Jean who asked us to complete just one page in her CJ. The stamp which accompanied the CJ was a Zetti stamp of a catlike face with a weird hat. We had to use this stamp and any others we liked in the colour theme. I decided to do 'Black Magic' as my theme. My finished page is shown above, detached from the CJ itself.

To make it, I used:

  • Card (silver grey)
  • Versamark Inkpad
  • Embossing Powder (Clear)
  • Glass mosaic tiles (Black, sandblasted in two sizes)
  • Shrink Plastic (Black)
  • Stazon Inkpad (Cotton White)
  • Glass faceted cabochons (Black)
  • Die cut Alphas (made on cricut)
  • Stamp (Calligraphy)
  • Superglue
  • Glossy Accents
  • Gelly Roll Pen (Silver Tiara, Opaque white)
The grey card was trimmed and stamped with the calligraphy stamp inked with Versamark ink. This was then coated in clear EP and this was heat embossed with a heat gun. This was applied direct to the page with double sided adhesive.



Next the Zetti stamp was stamped onto the shrink plastic in Stazon cotton white ink four times and allowed to dry before cutting out and heating to shrink. These were set aside.




The black glass mosaics were selected and laid out as shown before adhering with the superglue. The shrink plastic pieces were adhered as shown with the glue, as were the faceted cabochons.




Finally the letters were die cut out of white card and these were adhered with Glossy accents after coating with the Silver Tiara Gelly Roll pen. Finally I added my nickname in the opaque white pen.




I do hope that Gail likes the entry and I was a bit worried about the weight of the mosaics, but they were not too heavy in the end.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Very impressive, Sid, I love all the mosaic tiles. This looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like your idea/theme with the stamp...loving the mosaic tiles too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is cool, that white stazon really works on the shrink

    love your India postcard too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fab with all the different textures going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sid! I'm a member of the TV Weekly forum from Minooka, Illinois in the US. I've enjoyed your work so much...I had to let you know! Your Black Magic techniques are fantastic. And your creativity knows no bounds! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us!

    Louise M.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...