>

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

CJ No. 3 - Chicken Licken


I am taking part in another Circle Journal being run by Efemera over on UK Stampers Forum. Instead of colours as a theme we are just choosing a stamp which everyone has to use as the journal makes its journey round the circle.

Just completed my entry in Chicken Lickens CJ (Tasha) which she has entitled 'Just One Heart'. Her journal pages are loose at the moment and she intends using a Bind It All to bind them on their return. She has made 12 little sleeves out of bookpaper and inside are 12 tags that slide into the sleeves.

Her chosen stamp is a swirly heart with an arrow. My intended theme was to use a lot of red and gold on my entry.


I decorated the sleeve with some Impress red ink applied directly from the pad. I then used a little circular face stamp and randomly stamped this in Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I then inked the stamp with the Impress red and stamped again......... its the same on both sides !

Next I took a 2inch square of stampbord and using Versamark and chinese gold embossing powder, triple heat embossed. I had already inked the heart stamp with gold pigment ink. Once the heat gun was turned off I applied the stamp to the molten EP and allowed to cool before removing the stamp. The effect obtained is shown above. I then edged the square with Krylon gold pen and put it aside.


Next came the background. I used a Ranger gold dabber and dabbed on a thick coat of the gold paint and then stamped into it several times with the same heart stamp, leaving an impression (you can just see these). This background was allowed to dry completely. I then used a piece of text printed paper and applied it as shown after edging it with red Versmagic ink.


A metal key was stuck in place with glossy accents as was the Stampboard. I used a clear sticker with the words 'How do I love thee' and applied this to some gold metallic paper, trimmed it and again stuck in place with glossy accents. All edges were finished in the red Versamagic ink and the insert backed with plain red textured card (for my name and sign-in details).


Do hope she likes my entry. I certainly enjoyed making it.

Sid xx

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Brillient! As always Sid. I love how you interpret the various themes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely, and that is one of my favourite poems,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. like the stamping on this..have a great Christmas Sid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that mottled red embossing powder, purty! cool stamp too - I look forward to my turn :)

    have a great Christmas Sid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ... loving the UTEE effect...tis fab and also one of my favest poems too :O)) Merry Christmas to you hun x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo Sid I couldn't resist peeking! It is lovely! I really can't wait to see it IRL! I was a bit worried about the envies being bit flimsy so we shall have to hope they hold up!Mmm lovely colours too!

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...