>

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sweeties Journal Page





This weeks mini Journal page is all about sweets - yes those sugary things that the majority of us love so much.  Efemera challenge over on UK Stampers asked us this week to include:

1. List 5 sweets you remember from your childhood 
2. Where did you buy them and what did they cost?
3. Include some kind of sweetie wrappers on your page

I used 10 sweets ('cause I had a very sweet tooth !!) and I used to buy them from several shops on the way home from school.  I have used some cellophane from 'Roses' as my wrapper.

I started with a piece of striped printed paper cut to 6 x 4 inches.  I coloured with worn lipstick and spiced marmalade Distress inks. Stamped some text with vintage sepia Versafine in a band, and stamped some swirls in spiced marmalade Distress ink on the left. 





I punched out a bottom border from darker paper with a Martha Stewart punch and stuck this in place and used alpha stamps to print 'sugar & spice' in archival ink at the top.  I also added a printed panel with the words 'the best thing'.






I doodled with a white opaque pen and the page was embossed through a TH Sizzix embossing folder to add a distressed journalling area and the raised portions rubbed over with an ochre chalk ink pad.  I used a fine black pen and wrote the journalling in my horrible hand along with some other words linked to sweets adding some other bits with a fine gold pen.






The sweetie wrapper was from a box of 'Roses' and I attached it after twisting centrally with a large sticky dot.  The sweet was made from card painted with metallic pink acrylic paint and doodled on with Stickles glitter glue before applying with another sticky dot.  The page was stuck in place on the base card and some holes punched with the Cinch to finish.

Sid xx

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Fab colours and just reading that list of sweets is bringing back memories especially as you can no longer get half of them any more - lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Sid! fantastic colours too
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love heart sweet colours. You are going to have to learn to love your hand writing for this journalling marlakey - I am trying to improve mine but it is a scrawl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant page Sid! I really need a packet of refreshers now, after reading that list! Lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!... Jubblies! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great page Sid,
    That embossing folder is really great - I might *need* one.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the candy colours Sid, fab page! Coconut tobacco eh? You'd be strung up for selling that these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great sweetie page sid...remember lucky bags they were the best

    ReplyDelete
  9. a wonderful sweetie coloured background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun page, Sid. The colors are great and the memories must have been fun. Loved reading the names of your "sweeties". I'd only heard of one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great journal page Sid - you were made for journaling! Yes, I remember most of those sweets too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab artwork Sid - those colours are yummy and very popular at CHA this last weekend too. There you are - up with the trend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant Sid - great candy colours - how on earth did you remember the prices? Thanks for popping over to my blog and good luck in the OWOH giveaway - hope you are blog hopping to lots of others -

    ReplyDelete
  14. Check out my blog - there's an award waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab colours, lovely memories!

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...