>

Monday, October 27, 2014

I've Got To Hand it to You !



Couldn't help selecting the post title !!  This card has been made as my entry into the Less Is More Challenge Blog for week 195 whose theme is 'Newsprint'.





I really wanted to keep it simple so I used a very old yellowing page from a textbook as the base and stamped with a Stampers Anonymous hand stamp (Tim Holtz) in Memento tuxedo black ink.

I then tore around the image and applied it to a white 6 x 6 inch card base with tacky glue applied on the back and spread with a foam spreader to ensure coverage.




I found a printed journal label from my stash and I cut this to size and used a set of Alphas to stamp out the words 'The Hand of Fate' which were stamped in black Versafine ink. I added a little swirl by hand. The label was applied on foam pads.

The art of palm reading is called Palmistry or Chiromancy, meaning hand prediction, hence the title.

Sid xx

Pin It

23 comments:

  1. Great card - love the originality

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the theme Sid. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sid this is stunning. You really have caught the CAS card bug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great newsprint card - love the idea of reading your palm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab Sid. What a great idea to tear around the image... and what a strong image too!
    Great job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'll forgive you, Sid - seeing as its YOU! Great image, it looks fabulous on the newsprint, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol - my first thought when I saw this Sid was that the comment should be "talk to the hand" (soz). Anyway - I think it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous card Sid, such a brilliant idea.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Sid! Great use of the newsprint. You have some awesome stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. reminds me of the old penny machine up at Southport end of pier..fab

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Sid - really unique
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sid what a striking and original take on the challenge, love it!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the vintage-style image on the bookprint Sid and your title did make me smile! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous and original card Sid, it's nice to see a bloke's take on the challenges. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks great, love the hand

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic, striking and ingenious sid. Love your use of the text book and great example of a newsprint card.
    Thanks as always for sharing
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card Sid and such an original concept!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fab Sid .... love how you've used the newsprint. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for your lovely comments about my card. Yours is very original and it looks as though the printed book page ties in very well with the theme of your stamp. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fantastic card and so very original. Is this the fickle hand of fate?

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...